I made this shirt with heat press flock vinyl and rhinestones. This first picture is so you can see the flock vinyl…very cool stuff. My son is in gymnastics and he had a pretty big smile when I showed him the shirt. Granted, pink isn’t exactly a boy color, but since I’m wearing it, who cares, right? 🙂
Black clothing is hard to photograph without distorting the other colors. The first two pictures are truer to color but I wanted to show a “completed” shirt. I’d love to see your projects using heat press vinyl and/or rhinestones! I’ve made several other shirts with rhinestones and have to say, it can be a bit addicting…and oh so fun! Don’t forget to mirror your image before you cut the design, have fun with it!
This was made for the May KNK Swap over at Paperthreads. I saw a YouTube video where someone made this by hand and decided to make a cut file using my Klic n Kut. The tag book was very easy to make and is perfect for journaling those memorable moments or adding photos. The owl and frame on the cover are both from Lettering Delights, Sweet Nothings and Banner Day, and Labels 1 (Spellbinders) in the center. The swirly flourish is from Shelly’s Art, Flourish Set (part of the quarterly membership for May) and daisies are K&Co stickers. Thanks for stopping by!
This mini file folder was part of a Make & Take offered by Jan of Sam & Hailey Designs over at the Paperthreads forum (you’ll need to be logged in). Isn’t it a wonderful file? If you’re like me, then you love anything to do with paper albums and/or folders. I used black card stock and Rockabilly dp (retired SU) for the folder. The butterflies are Chasing Butterflies and Just a Moth, by Just Laury. All files are available for your digital cutter (KNK, Gazelle, Cricut, Wishblade, Silhouette, etc) and can be used for just about anything. The white rose was made with McGill paper punches and I used Cryogen Iridescent White for the butterflies and rose.
The butterfly and rose have velcro attached to the back. To get the folder flat when it’s closed, you simply take the butterfly off and attach it to the belly band. Thanks for stopping by!
Yesterday’s Technique Challenge at SCS was Christmas Ornaments. I tried this ornament last year when it came out with a tutorial but I couldn’t get my brain wrapped around it. When I saw the challenge I thought I’d give it another try. It still took me all afternoon, but after putting all that time into it, I didn’t have the heart to chuck it. I used Fleur de lis by Spellbinders (did they change the small square die from Becca’s tutorial? My die is different) and Soft Sky, Blue Bayou and Pure Poppy card stock. I added Dazzling Diamonds to some left over pieces and adhered them to the snowflake. The mini rose is made out of paper punches. Thanks for looking!
Hello! I saw this tutorial on SCS for a luminaria. When I saw it I knew this adorable penguin from Shelly’s Art would be perfect (if you’re not familiar with her work, take a peek, she has some wonderful files! All of her files are available in GSD, AI, KNK, WPC and SVG formats, a little something for everyone).
There is a special surprise I saved for last…keep reading!
For this project I used the Gazelle by Bosskut. On the slowest speed I cut these gorgeous snowflakes out of ScorTape. They cut beautifully! I then cut the snowflakes with card stock and adhered them to the ScorTape flakes and sprinkled them with Martha Stewart glitter. I love MS glitter, there are so many beautiful colors. I used MS chunky glitter on the penguin’s tummy to give it a ‘fuzzy’ look.
The detail is amazing, the Gazelle handled it beautifully without any kind of ripping or tearing. I was impressed!
I used flameless candles (I bought a small pack of two for $2.49), don’t you love how it looks lit up? Now, for the special surprise, do you see anything different while it’s lit up?
Do you see it now? Look closely…
Again, using the Gazelle, I cut more snowflakes out of acetate and adhered them to the inside of the luminaria. Now when it’s lit up you get the added surprise of snowflake shadows to fill the ‘windows’. I had so much fun with this project, thanks for looking!
How fun is this? I found a video (from the Cricut website) by a 12 year old girl (yeah, you heard right, 12 years old!) who gave a great tutorial on how to make shirts using your Cricut and freezer paper. I didn’t have any fabric paint so I decided to try it by air brushing it with Copic markers. Basically you cut the design out on freezer paper (shiny side up) then using a dry iron (no steam) iron the stencil on to your shirt (face down) and paint away. The freezer paper will peel off once cool, though you’ll want to wait until the paint is dry. What a fun way to customize pillow cases, tote bags, jeans, or whatever else makes you smile!
The green shirt I washed and dried in the dryer and it seemed to be okay. It did fade a little bit so I would recommend letting it dry flat. The white shirt I picked up today at Target and haven’t washed yet so we’ll see how it holds up. I have seen lots of really creative shirts using this method and of course, I just had to try it! Thanks for looking!
HERE’s the video if you’re interested!