I’ve been on a quest for over a year to be able to make paper flowers that look real.  I’ve found some great cutter files, tried paper punches, created them out of dies, coffee filters, tissue paper…I’ve basically tried it all.  McGill came out with some paper punches this year that I had to try.  I would love to try and create a cutting file for this but to do that I need to better learn my software.  Okay back on track, these are the roses I created from the punches.  Humor me, I realize they are big (gaudy?) and (perhaps?) not well suited for cards, but I need to see how they ‘worked’.  Here are my samples.  Peach roses are my favorite, however, the punches don’t do well with thick card stock.  Thinner card stock is what  you want for these punches.

ETA  I’ve had a lot of emails asking what paper punches were used.  Here’s a link to Stamping Scrapping where I got mine, the link also has a YouTube video on how to make them (very helpful!).

I’ll be on the hunt for thinner card stock for the peach roses…

Supplies:  McGill Punches, SU, PTI card stock & a card stock I bought at Target in a multi pack, PTI Embellishments & Framed & Signature Greetings stamps & matching dies, SU butterflies embosslit, stylus, pearls