I love this stamp by Penny Black. I wish it was made in three parts though, the heart, the branch, and the leaves. I suppose that’s my spoiled self talking…clear stamps have me very spoiled. As it turned out, I masked the heart and branches/leaves separately. I used Real Red and Cherry Cobbler (both SU) ink for the heart and Close to Cocoa and Old Olive markers for the branches and leaves. I also accented the leaves a bit with Copics. Edges were sponged with Broken China (Tim Holtz Distress).
This is my “oops” card. I wasn’t going to add the butterfly but apparently I can’t glue as well as I thought, lol! Underneath the butterfly is a smearing of glue and it looked pretty obvious. Thank goodness for options to cover it up with! I used the Cathedral Lace die (Cheery Lynn Designs) and trimmed it down for the focal point. Banner and Birthday sentiment are both from Papertrey Ink.
This card is a Silhouette card file and was cut with the Cameo. I edited it a bit and left only (and rearranged) the hearts. The sentiment is from Heart Prints Sentiments (Papertrey Ink). A pretty simple card and super simple to put together.
This heart is from a stamp set called Heartfelt (Tim Holtz). Love sentiment is from Tiny Tags (Papertrey Ink). Image was colored with Copics…another simple card.
And now, on to some organizing…
Susan from Mad Sky Designs posted HERE about organizing her dies and embossing folders. I went to Staples and had to check out that gorgeous Martha Stewart binder. They also had them in red and a beautiful chestnut color, but I loved this one. I bought some pocket dividers also from Martha Stewart, they were in the same section as the binders and came with sheet protectors divided in twos or fours. Each pack had 10 sheets and retailed at $3.99. Thank you, Susan, for the recommendation and post!
I love that there is a top flap to keep your contents from flying out the top. Perfect for dies and my smaller stamps.
Here’s a shot of the other style, divided into two sections. I bought the magnetic vent covers from Menards and cut them to fit into the pockets (@ 4.25″ x 8″)…perfect for my dies.
Thanks for stopping by!